Catapy is a car that provides the fun of chasing. Catapy itself is a palm-sized motorized car covered by a caterpillar track, and it is able to run across a field freely even on an irregular ground. The user can enjoy the chasing of Catapy that runs tantivy. By connecting a number of Catapy, the user can also enjoy the transition of its shape and function. For instance, when the user connects two Catapy, she/he can control it like a common RC tank. If three Catapy are connected like a horseshoe shape, it can traverse the handrail of a stair. The user can make them a turntable if there are five Catapy or more.
- James Dyson Award Regional Judging (Japan) Nov. 2012
- Excellence Prize in the 15th Japan Media Arts Festival, Entertainment Division (Japan) Feb. 2012
- Silver Award in ACE 2011 Creative Showcase & Interactive Art (Portugal) Nov. 2011
- Yuichiro Katsumoto, "Phase Transition-ish Apparatus", Japan Media Arts Festival in Yamanashi 2013, Kofu, Yamanashi, Japan, 13-20 January, 2013
- Yuichiro Katsumoto, "Ninja Track and Catapy", 100% Design Singapore, Singapore, 10-12 October, 2012.
- Yuichiro Katsumoto, "Catapy", Singapore Mini Maker Faire, Singapore, 4-5 August, 2012.
- Yuichiro Katsumoto, "Phase Transition-ish Apparatus", the 15th Japan Media Arts Festival, Tokyo, Japan, 22 February - 4 March, 2012.